Advantages and disadvantages of shuttleless loom
1.The problems of shuttle loom are the weft yarns are placed inside the shuttle. The shuttle is big and heavy and the machine speed is low and noisy to operate. In addition, a new pirn must be inserted to the empty shuttle for continue operation .
2. Shuttleless looms eliminate these problems by placing the cone of yarn at the side of theloom.
3. Once the yarn is bought across the loom, the yarn is cut, often leave a little fringe of the edges of the fabric
Shuttleless weave 2 to 4 times as much as conventional looms per unit time.
5. The cost of pirn winding is eliminated.
6. Strain upon the warp threads is reduced due to smaller depth of shed
7. Heavy cost of repairs and replenishment of worn out parts is reduced They can produce simpler tubes of fabrics on a large scale and provide opportunities for profitable exploitation in the long run.
8. The physical and mental strains upon the weaver is reduced
9. There is no risk of shuttle fly out owing to the absence of conventional shuttle and packing being positive
10. Quality of the fabric gets enhanced because of a positive control over the weaving process.
11. The looms are easier to work and manipulate
12. Efficiency of the shuttle weaving shed is comparatively higher
13.10.5% reduction in value loss for a Rs. 60 / - Metre fabric would ensure an additional profit of Rs. 3 / - meter
14. Higher production per loom.
15. Speed is not the only criterion for the selection of shuttleless looms. Efficiency is also an important criterion. Efficiency advantage of 10-15% due to shuttle changes, Un weaving of damages, reduced time for warp changes canbe obtained from shuttleless looms. 5 % higher efficiency would provide an additional profit of Rs. 1 / - per meter.